Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I gave this recipe an "A+" when I tried it for the first time over 9 years ago! I loved it and so did my family!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Blend margarine, sugar, and flour with pastry blender or fork in bowl until coarse crumbs form (like pie crust).
- Add coconut.
- Place half of crumb mixture in 8" square pan.
- Put filling on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
- Great served warm or cold.
This was very easy to make! I picked it because I love coconut & cherries.It was kinda in between a cherry cobbler or a cherry crumb pie! The texture was great and it held together well even when it was warm ! I will be making this agian & it will become a very "Special "dessert in my house! Thank you Martha :
This recipe has such a nice flavor! I used real butter in place of the margarine. The topping turned out a touch dry and was done approximately 5 minutes before hand. Next time I will drizzle a small amount of additional butter on top before baking to ensure a moister topping. Thinking of you, Silent Cricket!
Excellent. I pressed the crumb mixture down into the pan before putting the pie filling in. I also added 1/2 tsp almond flavoring. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly.