- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Continue beating, adding the sugar substitute. Fold in the almond extract. Fold in the grated coconut. Mixture will be stiff.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove macaroons to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will be 1" in diameter.