Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Weight Watcher recipe that I HAD to add to my cookbook. These were wonderul and definately satisfied my sweet tooth and only 1 point per serving. Serving size is 2 cookies.
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries (or blueberries or cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- (Note: if you do not have parchment paper, simply coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.) Combine egg whites and salt in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer at low speed until egg whites are foamy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add sugar, increasing the mixer speed until egg whites form stiff, glossy peaks (about 5-7 minutes) Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Make 24 cookies by dropping batter by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 2 cookies per serving (1 WW point per serving).
Oh yum! I love macaroons and I love your recipe! Thanks :)
These were very good! Very easy to make and taste great. Didn't taste "diet" at all. Thanks for a great recipe!
First and foremost, these tasted great and were so easy to make. I just happened to have frozen some leftover egg whites so I defrosted them and made the recipe (sans the dried cherries since I didn't have any on hand). On a different note, I know that WW points system has changed recently, but when I do the calculations even discounting the dried cherries, I get 2 points -- which means these are one point per macaroon. This is a permanent addition to my cookbook and is a great treat for the WW points plan. Thanks Trixyinaz!