Recipe by foodtvfan
A quick and easy to make square with salted crackers. Only one bowl and a measuring cup to mix the batter. Treasured recipe from an old recipe box I bought at a yard sale.
Top Review by Cat^..^atude
For something different and very easy, this is a winner. I used a two cup pyrex measuring cup for the egg and the milk. I used a plastic bag for crunching the crackers. To that bag, I added all the dry ingredients. Dumped that into the liquid ingredients and then to the baking pan.. Turned out great, and the flavor is good too.. Who would have ever thought that something so good was made with soup crackers. For good measure, I added 1/2 tsp of salt, as the crackers were salt free.. Been sitting in my cupboard too long, and thought this was a good recipe to get rid of them... I plan on trying this again, with some chocolate chips as well.. Cat^..^atude
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, to one cup mark
- 30 salted crackers, rolled fine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the egg in a one-cup measuring cup. Fill to the one-cup mark with milk.
- Mix all ingredients, including the egg and milk mixture, together in a large bowl.
- Smooth batter into an 8” x 8” square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Cut into squares. Yield will depend on the size you cut the squares.