Prep 10 mins
Cook 42 mins
I try to combine flavors and textures for a person in our family who cannot see what he eats.This is an easy cobbler to make.Serve with ice cream or plain.It is a good combo.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- In mixing bowl, combine pie filling,sour cream, and coconut.
- Use 2 tsps margarine to grease pyrex or glass baking pan, I use 8 X 11.
- Pour in cobbler filling.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and milk. Make sure it is mixed well.
- Pour and spoon over filling.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Brush 2 tsps margarine on top of crust.
- Bake about 7 more minutes.
- Take out and cool to room temperature before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
This wasn't sweet enough for us. I would add more sugar to the crust. Probably won't make again.
Let me just say Oh my gawd! (think of Janice from "Friends"). That was the best cherry dessert I've ever had. And it was so easy my husband didn't mind making this wonderful masterpiece! It even looked exactly like the picture. This is a keeper, more than half of it was gone last night. So I doubt it will last one more day in this house.