Recipe by Jellyqueen
Just another wonderful recipe from Light & Tasty that I adjusted to our taste. Although this recipe does have the coconut in it, the cherry is the most powerful flavor. I would recommend coconut extract, instead of vanilla, if you are going for the coconut taste.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
I made these for my "Girls' Night In" Valentine's party and the pink cherry color made for a great presentation. The ladies liked them too! Light and Tasty actually has 1 egg and 2 egg whites in place of the two eggs, which reduces this down to 7 grams of fat per bar.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup quartered maraschino cherry
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, mix flour and confectioners' sugar.
- Add butter and pulse approximately 15 times, or until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press in to a 9 inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake on 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- While crust is cooling, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in food processor and blend well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add cherries, nuts and coconut and pulse until just blended.
- Spread over crust and bake on 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Refrigerate left overs-- if you have any.