Recipe by Mindelicious
This recipe was one of my favorites when transitioning to raw foods. This comes from Vanessa Sherwood on Gliving.com and I'm posting it here for safekeeping. Its important to use frozen cherries because when they are defrosted it gives them that great texture. I have also made this using frozen peaches and it was just as good, try your favorite fruit!
- 3 (10 ounce) bags frozen cherries, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup medjool dates, soaked for 10 min
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup dried shredded coconut
- 2 large medjool dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon himalayan crystal salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup young coconut meat
- 1⁄2 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄2 seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- 1 pinch himalayan crystal salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cobbler filling, blend 1/2 Cup of the cherries and the rest of the cobbler ingredients. Pour this mixture over the rest of the cherries in a bowl or casserole and stir to combine.
- To make the topping, put all but the dates into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add the dates one at a time and process until the mixture just begins to stick together. Crumble this over the cherry mixture.
- For the vanilla custard, place all of the ingredients in a Vita-Mix or high-speed blender and puree until completely smooth.
- You could chill the cobbler for an hour or so to set, or just eat it as is. Serve at room temperature or warmed in a dehydrator with the custard poured over the top.