1/1 Photo of Cherry Cobbler - Too Easy & Delicious To Be True!
If you love cherry cobbler and don't necessarily have the time to prepare it, look no further! This recipe from Southern Living is simply fabulous! Only takes 15 minutes to prepare using canned cherry pie filling and making the crust from white bread slices. Give it a try! You've nothing to lose but a great new recipe to gain!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together pie filling, cherries, and 2 TBS flour.
- 2Stir in almond extract.
- 3Place in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- 4Trim crusts from bread slices; cut each slice into 5 strips.
- 5Arrange bread strips over fruit mixture.
- 6Stir together remaining 2 TBS flour, sugar, and next 3 ingredients; drizzle over bread strips.
- 7Bake at 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- 8Serve warm with a dollop whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an added treat!
- 9VARIATIONS: Peach Cobbler: Substitute 2 (16-ounce_ packages) frozen peaches, thawed and drained, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries.
- 10Omit almond extract and grated lemon rind.
- 11Proceed as directed.
- 12Berry Cobbler: Substitute 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling and 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole strawberries, unthawed, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries.
- 13Omit almond extract; add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- 14Proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cobbler - Too Easy & Delicious To Be True!
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 991.4
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 448.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 83.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g