Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was handed down from my Mother-in Law to my wife. We have enjoyed Cobbler for many years and hope you will too.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9" square Pan.
- Drain Cherries, Save juice.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine sugar, salt & cornstarch, mix together.
- Slowly add the cherry juice.
- Cook, stirring constsntly, until clear & thickened.
- Remove from heat & add butter & almond extract.
- Mix Bisquik & milk to make dough.
- Place Cherries in sq. pan & spoon dough on top.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Bake for 25 minutes.