Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
my husband requests this recipe a lot..yummy!! We use Cool Whip for the whipped topping..
Make and share this Cherry Cobbler Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.grease and flour 13x9 baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch in large bowl. Add cherries with juice, melted butter and almond extract and 8-12 drops of red food coloring. Stir until blended.
- Spoon cherry mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350* for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping.
Grandma, I made this cake because my 15 yr. old son loves cherries in anything. I didn't expect my husband, who dislikes them, to even try it. WOW! To my surprise, everyone was going back for seconds (and I caught my husband going in for thirds!). We loved it warm with vanilla ice cream - thanks!
I made this using fresh cherries and a red velvet cake mix. We had no idea what to expect. It was............. fantastic!!!!!!!