Recipe by M. Joan
I found this recipe in a cookbook many, many years ago and have been using it ever since. It is easy and quick to prepare and is best served warm, but gets eaten readily hot or cold. A nice dollop of ice cream on the side is always good, too.
- 2 cans sour cherries, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oleo or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- sugar, for top of cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together by hand, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, salt and 1 stick of melted oleo with two eggs.
- Set aside.
- Drain the cherries and put in the bottom of a round cake pan.
- Sprinkle some sugar over top of cherries.
- Just enough to sweeten the cherries.
- Spoon the dough mixture over the cherries.
- Bake 350° for 1 hour.