Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
I usually double this recipe and serve it on Christmas Eve for 10 - 12 people. They always love it! It looks so festive for the holidays! It is best when you serve it warm with either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. I usually make it ahead of time, and then after I cook other dinner items in the oven, I put the cobbler back in a warm oven (set at OFF after cooking other items) while we eat dinner. By the time we are done and ready for dessert, this is so GREAT with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream! Ymmmmm!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In casserole or baking dish, mix pie filling and amaretto. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix biscuit baking mix, sugar, milk, and butter with fork until a dough forms. Beat 20 strokes. Stir in almonds. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot cherry mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. It sure is delicious when served warm with either whipped cream or ice cream!