Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Perfectly sized dessert for those special night.
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and orange peel.
- Stir in milk just until moistened; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, combine pie filling and orange juice; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Drop biscuit mixture in two mounds onto boiling cherry mixture.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 5-7 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.
- Also tastes wonderful with apple or blueberry pie filling instead of cherry.