1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This "custard cake" is simply an oven baked "pancake" so it is also wonderful for breakfast as well as dessert! This "cake can also be made with blueberries, raspberries, peaches or apricots.. so don't be afraid to experiment with your favourite summer fruit. I would also sprinkle "Juicy" fruit with a couple of tablespoons of plain flour to absorb the juice. This dessert may also be made with harder fruit, such as apples, though I saute apple slices in a bit of butter first. This may be served hot, or cold, but is traditionally served lukewarm. Upon seeing the review below, I realized the short coming of this recipe (the original never stated a pan size when I received it) That being the case, I must state that the recipe is for 6 servings only, and the cook must be careful of not using too large a pan or the results will be quite different than intended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make batter by combining eggs, milk, flour, sugar salt and vanilla in blender or food processor.
- 2Process until smooth.
- 3Pour batter over top of cherries.
- 4Bake in a 350F oven for about 90 minutes.
- 5Cake is done when batter has set in a custard like mass and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- 6Let cake cool in pan until lukewarm.
- 7Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- 8Due to the nature of this batter, the cake will fall as it cools-- so don't be alarmed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Clafouti (French Cherry Custard Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g