Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the 12th Pillsbury Bake Off pamphlet. I have not tried this, but it was requested.
Make and share this Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons french's red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 lb) cansour pie cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted pillsbury's best all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Filling: Combine the sugar, candies, cornstarch, water and cherry juice in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in the cherries.
- Pour into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Cinnamon Rounds: Sift the flour with the baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons brown sugar and pecans.
- Cut in the shortening until the particles are fine.
- Combine the egg and milk; add to the flour mixture until moistened, adding a few drops of milk if necessary.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a 14x12 rectangle, brush with butter.
- Combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up, starting with the 12-inch side.
- Cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place on the cherry filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Glaze if desired.