1 hr 5 mins
out of here's Note:
This is from the 12th Pillsbury Bake Off pamphlet. I have not tried this, but it was requested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons french's red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 lb) can sour pie cherries
- 1Filling: Combine the sugar, candies, cornstarch, water and cherry juice in a saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- 3Stir in the cherries.
- 4Pour into a 8x8 baking dish.
- 5Cinnamon Rounds: Sift the flour with the baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 6Add 3 tablespoons brown sugar and pecans.
- 7Cut in the shortening until the particles are fine.
- 8Combine the egg and milk; add to the flour mixture until moistened, adding a few drops of milk if necessary.
- 9Roll out on a floured surface to a 14x12 rectangle, brush with butter.
- 10Combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- 11Roll up, starting with the 12-inch side.
- 12Cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place on the cherry filling.
- 13Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 14Glaze if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red cinnamon candies