Recipe by Tisme
An easy and simple slice to make when cherries are in season. These slices are just so very nice and a little different because the recipe uses fresh cherries and not glace. Warning they are a little on the rich side, but still very yummy!
Top Review by Elmotoo
I am so sorry!!!! I couldn't find cherries - fresh or frozen - for the longest time! I can't even find the thread to post this is finally completed (Make My Recipe). I've never been so embarrassed. This is sooooooo wonderful! I really just don't GET 'slice'. KiwiDutch made a 'slice' for me but it was candy. This is like a brownie. An exceptional brownie. According to google, a slice pan is 9"x13". Once I found cherries - pitting them was the biggest amount of work. The butter & chocolate melted while I did that & everything came together quickly & easily. OMG, O.M.G. HOW DELICIOUS!!! It's not too rich - it's just right. :) THANK YOU for a wonderful dessert!!! xoxo Bethie
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate and butter by placing both in a heatproof bowl and standing over a pan of boiling water. Stir until melted and well combined. (I actually use the microwave on low for this step.)
- Beat flour sugar and eggs until white and doubled in bulk, this will take about 5 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate and beat together well.
- Grease a lamington tin and scatter cherries over base of tin.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the top and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Remove from oven cool and cut into slices.