Recipe by internetnut
For higher fiber, try using Eagle Mills all-purpose flour with ultragrain. This came from a leaflet. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
Top Review by susankmeisegeier
My daughter's favorite cookie this year. We made them without the chocolate and put 1/2 of a cherry in center of each before baking and they were delicious. Not too super sweet and great for dunking!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup argo cornstarch or 1⁄4 cup kingsfords cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sunsweet cherries
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate (1/4 cup) or 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, sugar and almond extract throughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Add cherries and chocolate.
- Form into 1"-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
- Bake in a preheated 300 oven for 20-30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle by placing 2-ounces chocolate and shortening in a small resealable plastic freezer bag. Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Snip off the corner and drizzle over cookies.