Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for Breakfast or Brunch, bound to please everyone. Note:TO assemble scones quickly in the moring, mix the dry ingredients with the butter ahead of time(step 1); seal the mixture in a zip-lock plastic bag and chill for up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month. Pour chilled or frozen mixture into bowl and procced to step 2.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter (1/4 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream (light cream)
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- In a bowl or food processor, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture, cut in with pastry blender or pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together half & half and eggg; RESERVE 2 tablespoons half & half mixture; Add remaining to flour mixture along with chocolate, nuts and cherries;Stir with a fork just until evenly moistened.
- Scrap dough onto a floured surface and, with lightly floured hands, Squeese dough together into a ball.
- Pat dough into a 7-inch round about 1 3/4 inch thick; cut into 8 equal wedges.
- Place wedges 2-inches apart on a buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12-by 15-inch baking sheet.
- Brush tops of wedges lightly with RESERVED half & half mixture( discard ant remaining).
- Bake scones in a 350 degree oven(regular or convection) until tops are browned, about 25 minutes; Let cool about 10 minutes on baking sheet serve warm or cool completely, enjoy.