1/2 Photos of Cherry Chocolate Oat Bars - Heart Friendly
A tasty but more heart friendly variant of the oatmeal cookie. The family loves this oatty, nutty, cherry vanilla taste but we love even more that this is much lower in sodium and that the applesauce and flax seed cuts down the fat.They are good day one but keep some around for day two, that's when they are special!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line a 14x10 pan with parchment paper.
- 3Whip the butter, applesauce, faxseed and brown sugar.
- 4Beat in egg substitute, milk and vanilla extra.
- 5Stir in all flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 6Fold in oats, cherries, chocolate chips.
- 7Pour the wet mixture into the lined pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Chocolate Oat Bars - Heart Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: