Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty but more heart friendly variant of the oatmeal cookie. The family loves this oatty, nutty, cherry vanilla taste but we love even more that this is much lower in sodium and that the applesauce and flax seed cuts down the fat.They are good day one but keep some around for day two, that's when they are special!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup steel cut oats
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 14x10 pan with parchment paper.
- Whip the butter, applesauce, faxseed and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg substitute, milk and vanilla extra.
- Stir in all flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in oats, cherries, chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet mixture into the lined pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.