Recipe by Judy81350
These kiss cookies are so easy to make and are very delicious. My son hoards them from everyone else. Hes a cherry freak! Hope you like them. :)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 48 chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses, plain chocolate ones, unwrapped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, cherry juice, almond extract and food coloring; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. Stir in cherries. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately top with chocolate kiss.
- Remove from cookie sheets.