Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe for this wonderfully cool drink was found in the Favorite Brand Name Recipes, May 2010 cookbooklet, Smoothies and Summer Drinks.
- 1 (6 ounce) container chocolate yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup dark sweet cherry, frozen
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract (a generous measure)
- Combine all 3 ingredients in a blender & process for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass & enjoy!
Oh my, I want to give this more stars but 5 will have to do. The ingredients are simple but the result is like drinking liquified chocolate cherry candies. Mmmmm, so good! Extremely decadent tasting and so easy to make. I had a hard time finding chocolate yogurt that wasn't the whipped mousse kind but eventually found a Stonyfield Chocolate Underground yogurt and used that.
So good! And so filling too! It's so nice to enjoy it at a time when Spring like weather has arrived! And a really tasty replacement for coffee!
7/25/10: Close your eyes and you'll think you are enjoying a chocolate covered cherry or a bite of Black Forest cake. A great healthy dessert, snack or breakfast smoothie. 8/24/10: Just noticed that the stars didn't take so trying again...5 stars.