Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought I would share some of my favorites, These are some that I have to make quite often.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- Cool Whip, for topping
- maraschino cherry, cherries for topping
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate chips,milk and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir in pie filling and extracts.
- Pour into crust. Chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with Cool whip and cherries.
I love chocolate and I love cherries - and I love quick easy desserts, but this recipe was way too sweet for us. The flavor was good though, so I tried it a 2nd time adding cool whip into the chocolate/cherry filling and it was better, but still just far too sweet for our tastes. But if you like really sweet chocolate/cherry desserts - this will probably taste great to you. Many thanks!
So rich but delicious. It was like a hot fudge covered cherry. My husband was in chocolate lovers heaven. Thanks Cookin In Texas for such a delicious new pie recipe. Bullwinkle.