Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
We love these cookies. They really taste like a chocolate covered cherry.
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped maraschino cherry, well drained
- Mix shortning and 2 sugars and cream well.
- Beat in sour cream, egg, cherry juice, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture on low speed; blend well.
- Stir in chips, nuts, and cherries.
- Drop generous TBS on ungreased sheets.
- Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool 2 minutes on sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack.
The cookies were cakey in texture and did not have any cherry flavor.