Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the McCormick website. It was a big hit with my son...and I probably enjoyed a few myself...
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer at high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture.
- Mix until uniform.
- Mix in chopped cherries.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes or until set.
I made this recipe on 11/07/08 for the "My-3-Chefs November 2008"event. I followed the recipe as written, but there were a couple of problems. First I didn't know if I should have measured the cherries then chopped, or chopped then measured.Second, after baking the first sheet, the cookies had spread considerably flat. Then I added a bit more flour to the rest of the dough ,that seemed to solve the problem.Even though I had some trouble with the recipe,the cookie itself tasted pretty good.Thanks for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"