Recipe by hjunkman
A nice recipe to make to show you are a great cook.Kids will love it the men too.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is heavenly! The chocolate is like a brownie dumpling. I scooped out a dumpling, topped it with vanilla ice cream and spooned the warm cherries over all. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting H. Made for My3Chefs Nov '09.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking.
- powder, salt and butter; cut with pastry blender until crumbs are.
- size of large peas. Melt over hot not boiling water,
- semi sweet chocolate chips. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- at room temperature (about 5 minutes). Add milk and egg to melted.
- chocolate and mix well. Blend chocolate into flour mixture. Spread.
- cherry pie filling in bottom of 2 quart casserole. Drop chocolate.
- batter randomly over cherries. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 45 minutes. Serve warm with heavy cream.