Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
makes 24 mouth watering brownies...
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -5 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain cherries very well.reserving liquid for cherry drizzle.
- Cut cherries in half, set aside.
- Melt 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips and butter in a 3 quart pan over low heat -- stirring constantly.remove from heat.stir in sugar, flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt and eggs.
- Stir in cherries -- and chocolate chunks.
- Spread dough in ungreased 13x9" baking pan -- bake 32-37 minutes or center is set.
- Cool completely -- about 1 hour.
- Place cherry drizzle in a plastic food bag with tip cut off -- squeeze drizzle in pattern on top of brownies.
- To prepare DRIZZLE.
- Mix drizzle ingredients until smooth in a small bowl.use just enough cherry juice to produce a drizzling consistency.