Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Epicurious. I might be tempted to use dark chocolate instead of semisweet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended well, then mix in chocolate chips and cherries with a wooden spoon.
- Put level tablespoons of dough 1‚ inches apart on greased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden around edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.