Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This cake’s flavor is reminiscent of the favorite candy chocolate-covered cherries. Share it with those who love that combination!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour round pan, 8x1 1/2 inches.
- Beat all ingredients except chocolate chips and pie filling in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips with spoon just until mixed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 37 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Top cake with pie filling.