Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
In ‘The Everything Cookies and Brownies Cookbook’
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together oil, butter, egg, sugars, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Stir together dry ingredients; beat into butter mixture.
- Fold in nuts, chips, and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan to rack.