Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This was on the inside of the label of Kroger Red Cherries. These are the glazed cherries you use to make fruitcakes etc.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) container red cherries, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container green cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375*. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixing bowl until creamy, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and fruit. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.