1/1 Photo of Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Junkie's Note:
These cherry cookies are awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1In small bowl, soak cherries in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Do not discard water!
- 3In mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, orange peel and vanilla.
- 5Combine oats, flour soda, cinnamon and salt and gradually add to creamed mixture beating til combined.
- 6Stir in cherries and chips with water you soaked the cherries inches.
- 7Drop by rounded tablespoon fulls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or til edges are lightly browned.
- 9Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: