Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Betty Crocker recipe
Make and share this Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagesuper moist white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) containerready to spread frosting (cherry)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13x9x2 pan with shortening. Do not flour.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, oil, almond extract and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.