1 hr 5 mins
Betty Crocker recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package super moist white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) container ready to spread frosting (cherry)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13x9x2 pan with shortening. Do not flour.
- 2Beat cake mix, sour cream, oil, almond extract and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- 5Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 6Spread frosting over top of cake.
- 7Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g