1/1 Photo of Cherry Chocolate Cake
1 hr 5 mins
When I need an easy cake, this is the one I make. This recipe has the cake followed by the frosting, and the frosting does set up quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put cake mix, eggs, vanilla, water, and pie filling into a large bowl; mix together by hand.
- 3Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 4Pour cake batter into pan.
- 5Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6Cool cake.
- 7To make frosting: put sugar, milk, and butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Let boil for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10Remove from heat; add chips and vanilla.
- 11Use hand mixer and beat at high speed until desired consistency.
- 12This sets quickly so spread onto cake immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g