Recipe by Tonkcats
Cherry Chocolate Brownies Absolutely sinful!
Top Review by Marlene.
These are incredibly good brownies! I love the chocolate cherry combination in most anything , and these brownies are no exception! Easy to put together , my bake time usually requires the maximum ... Even easier going down the hatch! Great moist brownie , a step above regular brownies!
- 473.18 ml Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 158.51 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml unsifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml Quicker Quaker Oats
- 158.51 ml maraschino cherry, Chopped (divided)
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans, Chopped
- 9.85 ml vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan on low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with butter, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt to chocolate mixture. Fold in oats, nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup chopped cherries.
- Spread into greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut brownies 4 by 6 across pan to make 24 squares.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped cherries over top.
- In small heavy saucepan on low heat, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of brownies to make a lacey pattern.
- Chill about 15 minutes to set chocolate. Recut brownies.
- >From the Kitchen of: Carole Source: Ghiradell i.