1/1 Photo of Cherry Chocolate Brownies
Cherry Chocolate Brownies Absolutely sinful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Quicker Quaker Oats
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherry, Chopped (divided)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In 2-quart heavy saucepan on low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with butter, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt to chocolate mixture. Fold in oats, nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup chopped cherries.
- 4Spread into greased 9 x 13" pan.
- 5Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on rack.
- 7Cut brownies 4 by 6 across pan to make 24 squares.
- 8Sprinkle remaining chopped cherries over top.
- 9In small heavy saucepan on low heat, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly.
- 10Drizzle chocolate over top of brownies to make a lacey pattern.
- 11Chill about 15 minutes to set chocolate. Recut brownies.
- 12>From the Kitchen of: Carole Source: Ghiradell i.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 82.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: