Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are absolutely delicious.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond extract and beaten eggs.
- In sprayed, floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan, pour batter and bake for 25-30 minute.
- Icing: in medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and milk, bring to boil and stir constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from oven and pour icing over warm cake.
These were awesome! Everyone enjoyed them which almost never happens. Made for PAC Spring'08
This was really good, more like a cake than brownies though. The cake was fabulous, but I may try the frosting again with less sugar. Thanks for posting!
Took a big chance. The first time I made this was for a big family gathering. Was a sensational hit. I do mean everyone wanted the recipe, and they couldn't believe how easy it was to make. Follow the recipe exactly and you will be worshipped by anyone who takes a bite of it. Samsterguy Feb 2008