Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A creamy cheesecake with a fudge brownie crust and cherries baked inside. Delicious!
Make and share this Cherry Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9" spring form pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, one egg and oil until combined. Stir in mini-chocolate chips. Spread into springform pan. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until brownie is just set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs on low until just combined.
- Carefully spoon half can of cherry pie filling into center of brownie, leaving a 2 inch brownie border along sides of pan. Dollop cream cheese mixture over surface and carefully spread to edges of the pan.
- Bake for 35 - 50 minutes or until the center is set but jiggles when pan is tapped. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving, top with remaining cherry pie filling and Cool Whip.
This was good... but I'd halve the brownie mix and still use the one egg and 3 TB oil... The bottom was just too sweet, thick and just too much for a cheesecake.
My family loved this. But, I had to used TWO eggs and 2/3 cups oil in the brownie mix. It was really good with that change.