1/1 Photo of Cherry-Chocolate Blossoms
Donna M.'s Note:
A beautiful little cookie for cookie trays and holidays. Very simple to make yet very elegant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -4 drops red food coloring
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chopped
- 48 milk chocolate, candy drops or 48 chocolate stars or 48 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1In large bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, almond extract and food color; blend well.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 3Add flour and salt; mix well.
- 4Stir in cherries.
- 5If dough is too dry, add a little more cherry liquid until dough holds together when shaped.
- 6Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are just slightly brown.
- 9Immediately top each cookie with a chocolate candy, pressing down firmly.
- 10Remove from cookie sheets and cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Chocolate Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice