Recipe by Elly in Canada
These wonderful biscotti are always part of my holiday cookie baskets. An adopted recipe, the original recipe was a newspaper clipping. These will be part of my holiday baking too.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
You know what? I don't think that 5 stars is enough for these. They are sooo tasty! I made these to give as gifts but had to promise to make a second batch because everyone wanted to keep them...thanks for posting this for me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet (or cover it with parchment, that's always my choice).
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in the almond extract.
- Mix the flour and baking powder and stir it into the sugar and egg until just blended.
- Mix in candied cherries and 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 10-inch long loaves.
- Place rolls on the prepared cookie sheet, and flatten each to a 3-inch width.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and light golden brown.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 more minutes, or until the bottoms of the biscotti begin to brown.
- Turn, and bake another 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Cool completely.
- Mix remaining chocolate chips with corn syrup and melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until smooth.
- Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate.