Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
- 16 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt cheese
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin, unflavored
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup cherry fruit spread (this is the thick kind, not jam)
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray Pam into a 8x8 baking pan.
- Use 1/4 cup of the water to soften the 2 tablespoons of gelatin for several minutes.
- In the meantime heat the remaining 1/2 cup of water and stir in the cocoa till smooth.
- Now add to the chocolate the gelatin and stir until it is dissolved completely. Cool.
- Place the yogurt cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Add the cherry spread to the yogurt cheese and mix gently with a fork to blend well.
- Next gradually blend in the gelatin mixture.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites with the pinch of salt. Add sugar gradually and continue to beat until moist, soft peaks form.
- Fold in egg whites into the yogurt mixture gently using a spatula .
- Pour into the 8x8 prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on rack and then refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3-4 hours. Cut into squares.