Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Inspired by an April/May 2003 Taste of Home recipe, and adapted to fit our tastes, these have been a big hit around here & DH's work.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups dried cherries
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 drop almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder & soda.
- Cut in butter.
- Combine yogurt & 1/4 cup milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Add in the cherries & chips & knead about 8-10 times.
- On greased baking sheet, pat the dough into a 9-inch circle.
- Cut into 8 pie shaped wedges.
- Mix the 2 Tablespoons milk with the one drop of almond extract & brush over the top of each wedge.
- Separate wedges slightly & bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.