Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
from taste of home
Make and share this Cherry Chip Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups dried cherries
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla chip
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Knead in the cherries and chips.
- On a greased baking sheet, pat the dough into a 9 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges; seperate wedges. Brush with the remaining milk. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yum! Really good and easy to make. The kids loved them! You could omit the white chocolate for a less sweet scone that would still be delicious or even sub milk or semisweet chocolate. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These are great scones. I didn't have vanilla chips so I used chopped pecans instead. I made them into 2 circles since I wanted smaller scones for work. Then I brushed the tops with egg and sprinkled them with sugar. Super easy to make.
*Tink, these are SO delicious! They're super easy to make, too. I've been trying different scone recipes lately, and this one is definately my favourite! The one thing I would do differently next time is to stir in the cherries and chips with the dry ingredients, to make it easier to stir them in evenly. I'd also forgo the kneading, and just stir it until it comes together (but that's just my preference!) I loved the touch of almond extract in the milk to brush on top - such a simple but decadent touch! *Tink, thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! Made for Think Pink Tag, Fall 2009.