Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This cookie is the number one favorite in our family. The recipe originated from the back of a package of Barg and Foster Cherry Chips, probably in the early 1960's. The chips are very hard to find where I live, but if you are lucky enough to find them in your area, these are wonderful!
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and flavoring.
- Add flour and salt.
- Stir in cornflakes and cherry chips.
- Roll into 1" balls, placing onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press with fork lenthwise and crosswise, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan while warm.
Very nice recipe. I had been looking for the cherry chips for a while and just found them at my local Walmart yesterday. 3 cups of cornflakes makes 1 cup of crumbs for those of you wondering. This is a very tender cookie.. but has a nice crunch because of the cornflakes.
Lovely shortbread cookies with a crunch from the cornflakes and little bursts of color and flavor from cherry chips. Used Log House chips which I ordered from Amazon. Since they came in a 6-pack, I'm sure we'll be making these again! Thanks for sharing he recipe!
Cherry flavored baking chips are available from King Arthur Flour: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C78&byCategory=C124&id=1603 10/01/2008