This cookie is the number one favorite in our family. The recipe originated from the back of a package of Barg and Foster Cherry Chips, probably in the early 1960's. The chips are very hard to find where I live, but if you are lucky enough to find them in your area, these are wonderful!
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and flavoring.
- Add flour and salt.
- Stir in cornflakes and cherry chips.
- Roll into 1" balls, placing onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press with fork lenthwise and crosswise, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan while warm.