Recipe by Oolala
Sounds interesting from "Cooking With Tongue Twisters" only kidding! This is really from "Cooking More Creatively." You broil and then bake. I love those cherries. I think kids will like this too.
Top Review by marsha
This was a most delicious recipe. My husband and I both loved it. The chicken was moist and full of flavor. I added 1 t of salt and 1/4 t of pepper. I followed the directions but next time may thicken the sauce with corn starch before serving. Served with rice pilaf. Thanks for the recipe!
- 8 pieces chicken, on bone
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce, same as 6 oz
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, same as 6 oz
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark cherries, pitted
- 1 cup cooking sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken and place in broiler until brown.
- Combine all but the cherries and sherry.
- Pour over the chicken and cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add the wine and cherries and continue baking for another 15 minutes. Remove foil and still continue to bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered. Check for doness.
- Serve with rice.