Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the combination of textures in this sandwich. Its classic chicken salad changed up with the addition of dried cherries and pecans.
- Combine chicken, cherries, pecans, and onion in a bowl.
- Mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Toss to mix.
- Refrigerate salad for 1-2 hours.
- Split croissants and divide chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
This is my go too sandwich!! I bring them to everything!! I instead of 1/4 cup of mayo I mix 1 tablespoon of Mayo with 1 tablespoon of Miracle whip. I always serve it on Mini- Croissants with Boston Bib!!
It is good but I would have like some additional flavor, from some spices. This would have gone great with the texture of the sandwich. I threw in a small granny smith apple - peeled, cored and small cubes - which was a personal addition. Next time I will experiment with a touch of curry powder.
Yum! Instead of pecans, I used cashews. I also added apples to bulk it up a bit. It was awesome! I had it on wheat bread one day and had it on rye bread today. A nutty multi-grain would also be great with this!