Recipe by TXOLDHAM
We love these when cherries are in season. Originally came from Allrecipes. Warning - they are messy and will stain your cothing so cover up! Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut the ingredient amounts in half, for the most part, & used 2 large chicken breasts! Also made it all with 4 slightly smaller wraps for the 2 of us! Loved the toasted nuts & cherry combo! A great recipe to keep around! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb dark sweet cherry, pitted and halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 12 leaves lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce and honey until mixed together. Add chicken mixture, cherries, carrot, green onion and almonds. Toss together.
- To serve spoon mixture onto center of the lettuce leaf and roll up leaf around filling and serve.