Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dried cherries, one of my very favorite foods, and cashews which I can eat by the pound. What a super combination! I got this recipe from the Michigan Cherry Producers and it's a real winner.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine butter or margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer, on medium speed, for 3 to 4 minutes, or'til well mixed.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well.
- Stir in morsels, dried cherries and cashews.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or'til light golden brown.
- Do not overbake.
These cookies are irresistible!!! The flavors of cherries,cashews, and white chocolate chips blend perfect together. I used parchment paper on my cookie cheets which contributed to perfect cookies. Be prepared to get lots of compliments.
Made these as a Father's Day treat and everyone loved them. The second time I made them with macadamia nuts and they were delicious too. If you like your cookies fluffy I would recommend adding a bit of flour or reducing the butter. I will make these again for sure!