Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A no cook summer desert - perfect for any occasion. Quick and easy to make. The fruit pie filling can be changed to your favorite - peach is great too. The chilling time is not included in prep time.
- 1 baked tube pan angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (I use Lite)
- Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy, blend in vanilla yogurt.
- In a smaller bowl mix pudding mix and milk till thickened, blend into cream cheese mixture- fold in all the whipped topping except about 1 Cup.
- In a 4 quart bowl (or trifle bowl) evenly spread half the cream cheese mixture in bottom of bowl, top with half the angel food cake cubes, press these down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Spread 1 can of cherry pie filling over cake, covering completely.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread the reserved 1 cup whipped topping over last layer of cherry filling.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- This will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks-- IF it lasts that long!
Wonderful dessert! I've made it as listed, and made it substituting cake and fruit types. It always comes out great.
I made this to take to a christmas get-together.I used a sugar-free angelfood cake, sugarfree vanilla pudding, no sugar added pie filling, and coolwhip free. everyone loved it. the bowl was empty when I brought it home
It was easy to make and there was plenty. Everyone at work loved it! Thanks for the good looking and tasty recipe.