Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Getting ready for the upcoming HOT summer in Southern California by searching for new ice cream recipes.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups granola cereal
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla. Add milk and mix well; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the half-and-half to 175°; whisk a small amount into eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in the whipping cream; beat into cream cheese mixture (mixture will be thin).
- Divide the granola between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dishes. Top with cream mixture and pie filling. Cover and freeze overnight.