Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delightful cherry cheesecake that is easy to make. Not sure where I found a recipe similar to this one.
- 2 cups Snackwell's cinnamon snacks, crushed
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 21 fluid ounces canned cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Crush SnackWells cinnamon snacks and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add butter and using a pastry blender or a fork, blend butter until incorporated with the snacks.
- Prepare a 9" x 13" oven-proof casserole dish by spraying with a vegetable spray or rub inside with some butter to coat.
- Press the crushed mixture onto the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract and flour and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the cracker base crust.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a knife or large toothpick in center and if it comes out clean, then the filling is set and cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top.
- Spread whipped topping over cherries.
- Sprinkle Grape-Nuts cereal on top.
- Chill for 1/2 hour before serving.
Very nice cherry cheesecake. We don't have those cinnamon snacks here, so I used digestive biscuits (like graham crackers) with about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon added. Used real whipped cream and no grape-nuts (again, not available here). Enjoyed by all.